Finished axe with a handle that is ready to use. These axes are manufactured and professionally ground/finished to your requirements to suit the wood that you want to cut.
Why they are cool.
We know that there are plenty of reasons why you would want a finished axe that's ready to cut. Some of you might not have the time or the equipment. Perhaps you want a present for that favourite person. Maybe you just want an axe that is ground by someone else that might cut a little bit better in different wood.
Whatever the reason is Engineered for Axemen has got you covered. We are getting axes professionally finished by the best grinders in the world including Henry Maine, Kelly Oakley, Faavae Sefo, Jimmy Head, Rob Spry and Paul Bufton.
If you would love a complete axe with a handle that is ready to use, then check out what we have. Choose from the drop down options for either a hardwood or softwood axe at the size you need and we will do the rest. If you have any more specific requirements you can leave a note at check out; for example bevel length and chisel or banana grind.
If you are unsure of what exactly you want, get in touch with us and we can talk about some options.
Completed axes come with a Jimmy Head white hickory handle. Don't get us started on how good these handles are. If you haven't heard of Jimmy Head handles there's a full description on the handle page.
Options to consider when ordering the axe are:
- size of the axe, 185,190,195 or 200
- angle of the bevel, 14 deg, 15 deg, 16 deg
- bevel length, chisel or banana grind
- type of wood that you will be cutting
Lead time for finished axes is approximately 2-6 weeks, depending on the grinder used. However we do have some finished axes in stock so check out our 'In The Post Tomorrow' section for a quick delivery.
- 100% Australian made.
- Forged in Victoria from the highest quality tool steel.
- CNC machined to the exact shape you want.
- heat treated to give the perfect blend of toughness and edge retention.
- CNC ground with flood coolant after heat treatment to ensure a super accurate edge that is dead straight with no affect to the temper.
- Ground and professionally finished for a world class racing axe.
- Fitted with a Jimmy Head white hickory handle.
NOTE: finished axes still need to be chipped in. We recommend taking your time and working on that edge to get it competition ready.