Timbersports Banana Grind Racing Axe for PoplarRegular price $750.00 AUD (+GST)
Finished axe with a handle that is ready to use. These axes are a banana grind and are manufactured specifically for Poplar and the Timbersports series.
Why they are cool.
We've been testing and perfecting these axes for nearly a year with one of Timbersports Champions Brad Delosa. When Brad is happy and says these banana grinds are world class, then we think they are ready to sell to everyone else.
All the axes are a full banana grind and are ground at 14 degrees.
You can choose different length handles depending on your preference, but they are all Jimmy Head white hickory handles. If you haven't heard of Jimmy Head handles there's a full description on the handle page.
Options to consider when ordering the axe are:
- Engineered for Axewomen or Engineered for Axemen
- Sizes from 180mm up to 200mm
- Choose are full length or 3/4 length handle
Lead time for finished axes is approximately 2-6 weeks, depending on whether we have blanks in stock.
- 100% Australian made.
- Forged in Victoria from the highest quality tool steel.
- CNC machined to the highest accuracy -
- heat treated to give the perfect blend of toughness and edge retention.
- CNC ground with flood coolant after heat treatment to ensure a super accurate edge that is dead straight with no affect to the temper. Edge accuracy 0.1mm!
- Ground and professionally finished for a world class racing axe.
- Fitted with a Jimmy Head white hickory handle.
NOTE: finished axes still need to be chipped in. We recommend taking your time and working on that edge to get it competition ready.